Friday, April 12, 2013

MOVE: April 11, 2013


The Time is Now… 

The time of year is here.....no more excuses....heck, I'm not even going to tie you up by writing my typical long weekly update......keeping it simple on this one.....if you want to hurt less, MOVE more.  There, I said it.

I know, I know, it seems counter-intuitive for many - "my body needs rest doesn't it?" - Yes, absolutely.  Which is why one of Pro-Activity's ELEMENTS is "RECOVER". You must listen to your body and when it's getting fried, it needs rest and for some that is the case.  HOWEVER, so many folks we run into are not having a problem with over-doing it......their problem is UNDER-doing it.  They are aching because the constant loading of their joints without movement is taking its toll.  I don't need to give you the research on this one, it's easy to find and obvious.....
Here's a common routine:  Wake-up, commute, work (which involves a lot of stationary positions, sitting long periods perhaps being the worst), commute, relax (couch/TV/electronics), fall asleep, repeat......
Is this you? Admit it.....at least to yourself.  Don't worry, you're definitely NOT alone.  It's the vast majority of society. There are many days, even for me and my merry-band of health geeks at Pro-Activity that this is a struggle.  As a whole we live in a world that doesn't require movement, you can if you want to, but you certainly don't have to......everyone knows it and more of us are starting to feel the serious impacts of having it gone for too long....our bodies are dying for it......literally.
One email I got this week had a simple sentence, but a very important theme:
 "....I need an event. Hate not having something to train for"
 He couldn't be more on the money.

The weekend forecast for the Tri-state is above 50 deg.  Things are starting to green.  Give your body what it desperately wants and needs.  It's the perfect time of year to start anew.  Need an event?  Need a plan?  We can help.....it doesn't have to be formal and it doesn't have to be intense......but step 1 is:  MOVE!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home