Friday, September 4, 2015

ENDURE: 7/2/15 Having Freedom and Enjoying it too

Spoiler summary - 239 years ago a group of visionaries declared living in America meant living free. So what's stopping us?

I don't know about you - but I love this time of year.  My kids are home from school and aren't (yet) bouncing off the walls; the weather is hot, but not (yet) unbearable, and whether it be with the smell of BBQ, catching a summer ballgame, or enjoying some "pick-your-own", if you play it right, you can savor the moment and remember exactly how good we have it.

In truth, I sometimes wonder if everyone is as sappy as I am:  
  • I get choked up when I hear Ray Charles' rendition of America the Beautiful
  • Every single time, I watch the local fireworks wide-eyed and 
  • I absolutely LOVE seeing (on twitter) and hearing (in the living room) the "USA, USA" chants when our national team - in this case Women's soccer - is showing off exactly what it means to be strong -- and the list goes on.
To be honest - I hope you are that sappy. Everyone should be that sappy when something is worth being proud of; and...even with all its warts and imperfections....our USA is.

However, I'd be lying if I said I never wondered if those same visionaries....the ones who sacrificed everything....the ones who put themselves way, way out on the limb to stand up for something bigger than themselves, could have ever predicted how few of their descendants would be able to fully enjoy the freedoms they helped put into place.
  
I wonder sometimes if 239 years ago they could have ever fathomed that more than 100 million of their compatriots would have at least 1 chronic disease; that it would account for 7 of 10 deaths and that +/- 86 cents of every healthcare dollar would be spent dealing with them.  That's not free.....and it's not freedom.  It's a modern-day oppressor, but one we should be free of.

But as you know, there's good news.....they're preventable.  The World Health Organization and other authorities point to the fact that as much as 80% of heart-disease, stroke and diabetes, as well as 40% of cancers can be prevented....avoided entirely.  It's time. 

This means, with the right dose of: MOVEFUELRECOVERENDURE and CONNECT, the majority of Americans can enjoy freedom -- fully -- as intended:  
  • The freedom to move when, where and for however long we want to.  
  • The freedom to pursue our passions without the need for a handful of medications or overwhelming fatigue and
  • The freedom to sit back, pain free, on the 4th of July and enjoy the amazing gift we were given 239 years ago and the gift we hope to give to the next generation(s).
On behalf of my team, we wish you a full, free and healthy Independence Day.....

Now, go do something extraordinary,

Mike Eisenhart, PT
Managing Partner, Pro-Activity

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home